Join us for a discussion on Health Care Reform and what it means to you and your company.
In March 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law, putting into place
comprehensive reforms that go into effect starting in 2014. Bill Lindsay will lead
a dynamic and interactive discussion including:
- Options to protect your bottom line
- Planning considerations
- The indirect effects for business
WILLIAM N. LINDSAY, III
CLU, CEBS, RPA
Bill has an extensive background within the fields of health care and insurance.
This has placed him within the sphere of the national health care policy and financing debate.
The scope and depth of his experience is reflected in the various roles in which he has been asked to serve.
A student of health care finance, Bill has been a consultant to numerous health systems,
hospitals and national employers.
Highlights of his contributions include the following:
- Chair, Colorado’s Blue Ribbon Commission for Health Care Reform in 2007
- Current Board member for Craig Hospital
- Current Board member for Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Current Board member of the Rose Community Foundation
- Current member of The Colorado Forum
- Current member of the Advisory Board of the Colorado School of Public Health
- Former Board Member and former Chair (2010–2011) of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Inaugural Board Chair of the Colorado Children’s Basic Health Plan Policy Board
- Past Chair of the oldest small business coalition in the United States, the National Small Business Association
- Past Grant Review and Award panel member for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Past member of the National Advisory Council of the Academy for Health Services Research and Health Policy
Bill has published and coauthored numerous articles and white papers on insurance, employee
benefits, health care, and health care reform. He frequently serves as a speaker and panelist
for the Mountain States Employers Council, national insurance companies, and national industry associations.
He is often invited to give testimony before the United States Congress. Bill addressed the Senate
Finance Committee regarding state healthcare reform at its “Prepare for Launch Health Reform Summit”
on June 16, 2008.
In recognition of his contributions, in 2008, Bill received the National Governors Association
Award for Distinguished Service to State Government, and the John K. Inglehart Award for Leadership
in Healthcare by the Colorado Health Foundation. Bill was awarded the Colorado Business
Magazine’s “Ethics in Business” award and the Colorado Trust’s “Community Service” award.
For over a decade, The Denver Business Journal has named him to the list of “Who’s Who in
Health Care in Colorado,” and in 2007, he was named the Power Book Leader in the Category