Important Security Messages
Increase Federal Funds Rate
On Thursday, December 20, 2018 the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), announced the decision to increase the target range for the federal funds rate to 2.25–2.50 percent. This change is effective immediately. Therefore, Vectra will increase Prime by 0.25% to 5.50%.
Wire Transfer Instruction Updates Needed – October 1, 2018
Beginning October 1, 2018, the bank name "ZB, N.A." will be changing to "Zions Bancorporation, N.A." To avoid transaction delays, please notify your international business partners to use the new bank name when sending international wire transfers and letters of credit to your account(s) at Vectra Bank Colorado. This is only an update to the bank name. The SWIFT Bank Identifier Code (BIC) will remain the same.
What do I need to do?
If your company received international wires in the last 12 months – Please be sure to contact your international partners with the updated name on your wire transfer instructions before October 1, 2018.
Your business partners should be instructed to continue to use the name ZB, N.A. through the end of the business day on Friday, September 28, 2018. The name Zions Bancorporation, N.A. should be used thereafter.
How should I notify my business partners?
Phone calls, encrypted email or traditional postal mail notifications are good methods to consider when communicating this change. We do not advise the use of unencrypted email to notify partners of payment information. Using a safe form of communication may help you, your vendors and clients avoid Business Email Compromise (BEC) fraud, a common form of fraud.
Help protect your vendors, clients and your business by choosing a safe form of notification for this change. More information about BEC can be found at: http://www.ic3.gov/media/2016/160614.aspx.
Online Travel Notifications
There are enough stresses when traveling—make sure paying with your card isn’t one of them! Let us know before an international trip so your card is ready for use when and where you are.
- Once logged into Business Online Banking, please visit: Services > Card Services > Debit/Credit Card Travel Notification. Simply enter your travel dates and you’re all set!
- Or call Online Banking: 1–800–884–6725 Mon – Sat, 7am – 8pm MST
Don’t give out personal information to unsolicited emails or phone calls.
In light of the recent security breaches, we’ve all been hearing about, Vectra would like to remind you
to never give out personal information such as passwords or PIN #s to unsolicited emails, phone calls,
online chats or surveys.
Do not trust emails, even if they seem to come from a reputable company like your bank, credit card company, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Do not click on any of the links. If you receive a suspicious phone call or email, do not respond to the caller or sender. Go to the company’s website (do not use the link in the email) and call the company back directly to verify the request.
We recommend that all customers follow these fraud prevention services and tips, whether or not they have ever been affected by a data breach:
- FREE Mobile Card Fraud Alerts1:receive and respond to a text message on your mobile phone when a potentially fraudulent transaction occurs on your account. Text back “Y” or “N” to validate the purchase. Register online.
- FREE Visa Purchase Alerts2: receive one–way text notifications based on certain purchases and criteria you select. This can be done by logging in to Online Banking, clicking the “Services” tab and selecting “Purchase Alerts.”
- Download IBM’s® FREE Security Trusteer Rapport™ security software that can help protect the security of your computer. Click here to learn more about the software and how to download it directly from IBM.
- Review your credit reports regularly by visiting annualcreditreport.com.
- Review your account statements regularly and immediately report any unauthorized or unrecognized activity.
- Cases of identity theft should be reported to law enforcement or the Federal Trade Commission.
Vectra Bank is taking appropriate steps to help mitigate potential fraud. Helping you to protect
your sensitive information is a priority at Vectra Bank. If you have any questions, or if we can
be of help to you in any way, please call 1–800–232–8948 or visit your nearest Vectra branch.
For More Security Tips Please Visit:
1. Mobile Card Fraud Alerts: Vectra Bank Colorado does not charge for the Mobile Card Fraud Alert service. However, standard text message and data rates from your mobile phone carrier may apply. Available services are subject to change without notice. See Terms and Conditions for complete details.
2. Purchase Alerts: Visa Purchase Alerts requires enrollment in Online Banking. Certain transaction notifications are sent to your email account and/or mobile device by SMS text. Message and data rates from your wireless provider may apply. Actual time to receive alert is dependent on wireless service and coverage within area.
Trademarks: Trademarks used are the property of their registered owner and Vectra Bank is neither affiliated with nor endorses these companies or their products/services.